The Ross Lipson Award is a joint initiative of Sweethearts Foundation and Queenscliff Music Festival to acknowledge and encourage a local female working within the music industry, who has/will continue to develop and support emerging artists in the local music scene and the region.
Who is Ross Lipson?
Ross Lipson founded the Sweethearts in 1989. Since then the band has grown from a small social group of teachers and students to an internationally recognised industry-based program with experiences and opportunities that include performances at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Porretta Soul Festival and festivals across Australia, Europe and the USA as well as collaborations with renowned artists such as Gil Askey, Bernard Purdie, Vivian Sessoms and Pee Wee Ellis. This award is given in memory of his vison and dedicated work in providing opportunities for young women.
For 25 years Ross created a unique world leading music program for young female performers from the region, linking learning and professional delivery in the industry through a Certificate IV music qualification.
What is the Prize?
- $1000 cash provided by Sweethearts Foundation Board
- $1000 worth of products depending on the winner donated by A&B music
- Plaque donated by the Sweethearts Foundation Board
- A Barwon South West Resident (Geelong/Surf Coast/Bellarine)
- Demonstrated excellence in any music industry area (Performing, Management, Audio, Promotion, Teaching, Admin etc.)
- Promotes and supports the local music industry
- Actively gives back to youth in the area by sharing knowledge and skills / donating time etc.
The Selection process
- A call for nominations will be advertised outlining dates for nominations to be received. – OPEN NOW! Nominations close 5pm Monday November 6th.
- Nominations from the public can to be submitted for consideration HERE. Nominate yourself or someone you know.
- A panel will determine the award recipient. The panel will be made up of representatives including members of The Sweethearts Foundation Incorporated, The Sweethearts Music Excellence Fund, The Sweethearts Musical Director, The Queenscliff Music Festival, previous winner(s) as well as music industry personnel from the region.
- Successful award winners will be required to complete an acquittal/report to the Sweethearts Foundation on the use of the award within 6 months of receiving the award. Award winners should be aware that photos/images taken during the presentation may be used in future promotions of the Ross Lipson Award and Sweethearts Foundation.
- Public announcement of winner and presentation of award at the Queenscliff Music Festival, immediately following the Sweethearts performance.